Teamsters Local 1932 Health & Welfare Trust

UFCW Unions & Employers Health & Welfare Fund – Atlanta

Welcome All New Groups to the United Food Commercial Workers Health & Welfare Fund-Atlanta Effective 1/1/2023. For your information, click here.

UFCW Unions & Employers Health & Welfare Fund - Atlanta ("Atlanta Fund") is located in Atlanta, Georgia. The Fund Office administers health and welfare benefits for eligible participants and dependents in the states of Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina. The Fund Office is proud to support these loyal, hard-working participants.

Information regarding Machine-readable Files:

As required by the Transparency in Coverage rule, your Plan has provided access to certain machine-readable files that include detailed information on in-network and out-of-network allowed amounts.

For the Anthem PPO/POS benefit plans, these files can be accessed at by searching for the Plan’s Employer Identification Number of 58-6041908.
For the Kaiser benefit plans, these files can be accessed at

Important information regarding the No Surprises Act
No Surprises Act Notice

**Important notice regarding Carolina's KPP Prescription Cards**
Please DO NOT discard your original KPP Rx card. Click the link below for additional information.
KPP Notice Postcard

Important information regarding May 1, 2022 changes to your current Anthem coverage
Atlanta Anthem Participants - Carolina Anthem Participants

Atlanta skyline

Northside Negotiation Update as of July 12, 2022

On July 12, 2022, Northside Hospital system and Anthem announced they have finalized an agreement to provide Anthem members with in-network access to care at Northside's hospitals, physicians, and other outpatient locations. For additional information, you may visit their website at

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Class Action Information

A number of participants have recently received notices regarding settlement of a class action involving Blue Cross and Blue Shield. The Fund receives certain services from Anthem and is reviewing claims the Fund has against Anthem. The Fund cannot provide advice to individual participants regarding the settlement.

However, because the Fund pays the Anthem fees, and may possess claims against Anthem that it will evaluate and possibly pursue, individuals may conclude they don't need to take further action. can provide additional information. The Fund Office possesses no additional information relevant to individuals’ possible claims.

Uprise Health - HCM HealthWorks Monthly Newsletters & Blogs

View HCM September 2022 Newsletter: Suicide Prevention Month for Uprise Health
English Download

Blog 1: Celebrating Mental Health Awareness Month

Blog 2: Grief, Loss, and Trauma - How to Identify Your Feelings and Heal


Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)


How can you find out if you are eligible for the UFCW Unions and Employers Health and Welfare Fund Atlanta?

  • Refer to your Collective Bargaining Agreement.
  • Ask your Local Union Representative.
  • Refer to your Human Resource Department.

Enrolling in the Health and Welfare Benefits?

  • Once Eligibility requirements are obtained you will receive enrollment information providing instructions on ways to enroll into benefits.
  • Contact the Fund Office for additional information.

Current Mailing Address:

UFCW Unions and Employers Health and Welfare Fund - Atlanta
1740 Phoenix Parkway
Atlanta, Georgia 30349


There are currently no Atlanta Fund forms at this time.

Top FAQs

  • If my employment terminates, when will my insurance benefits terminate?
    When terminate employment, your benefits will terminate on the last day of the month that you leave the Company. If you qualify for COBRA Continuation Coverage as a result of your termination, you will receive a COBRA Continuation Election Notice in the mail informing you of your rights and options under COBRA.
  • What if I have coverage elsewhere and want to waive coverage under the Fund?
    You may waive your coverage under this Fund by selecting that option during the enrollment process. However, if you elect to waive coverage or fail to enroll during your enrollment period, you may be required to wait until the next open enrollment period, unless you experience a Qualified Life Event, as permitted by the Notice of Special Enrollment Rights
  • What is a Change in Status Event?
    A Change in Status Event is an occurrence that will allow a special enrollment period, outside of the regular Open Enrollment period. Examples of Change in Status Events are marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of a dependent child or loss of other health insurance coverage. Please consult the Notice of Special Enrollment Rights or contact the Fund Office at 1-800-241-2136 or 1-800-241-3473 for more details on Change in Status Events and the required notification periods.
  • I have received a bill for an unpaid claim. How do I submit an inquiry to review claim status? How do I determine if the claim has been processed?
    Contact the Fund Office at 1-800-241-2136 or 1-800-241-3473 to inquire on claim status. You may also submit an inquiry via email to Please be prepared to provide specific patient information such as name, date of birth, and date of service to retrieve claim details. Please be advised, if attempting to obtain information for someone other than yourself, HIPAA authorization may be required.
  • I have submitted a claim for weekly disability benefits. I have mailed in my claim form. When will I receive a disability check?
    Provided the claim form is completed correctly and submitted with the appropriate information, checks are usually processed within 3 to 5 business days from the date the submission is received. Contact the Fund Office at 1-800-241-2136 or 1-800-241-3473 to confirm receipt of your weekly disability benefits paperwork or to inquire on any additional concerns. Contact your human resources employer department for all other matters relating to medical Leaves of Absences (LOAs).
  • I want to enroll for my benefits. Can I enroll over the phone?
    There are two ways to enroll for benefits during the annual Open Enrollment period : by phone or online.

    If you want to enroll by phone, you may call the Fund Office's Customer Service line at 770-997-9910 or 1-800-241-2136. Customer Service hours are extended from 8 AM to 6 PM (EST) during the Open Enrollment Period. When your phone enrollment is complete, a copy of your confirmation number will be mailed to your address on file, for your records. Please be advised, if you grant permission to someone else to help assist you with phone enrollment, you must be present during phone enrollment to give consent and to receive a final confirmation of enrollment.

    If you want to enroll online, you can do so during the Open Enrollment period by logging in here.

    If you have further questions about the enrollment process or need alternative arrangements to enrollment by phone or online, please contact the Fund Office at 770-997-9910 or 1-800-241-2136.
  • How do I add a dependent to my coverage?
    If you enroll your dependent, certain documentation may be requested by the Fund Office. If you add a spouse to your coverage, you may be required to submit a marriage license, joint marital document and spousal affidavit. If you add a dependent child (or children), you may be required to submit a birth certificate, court order or divorce decree. Typically, your dependent will be enrolled within 4 weeks after the Fund has received all of the required documents. If you have not submitted all of the required documents to add your dependent, your dependent's enrollment will be placed in a 'pended status' and you will receive a notice from the Fund requesting the required documentation. You may contact the Fund Office at 1-800-241-2136 or 1-800-241-3473 to confirm if the Fund Office is awaiting additional documentation for your dependent election/enrollment.


  • I have dropped down to the Ancillary plan. How do I become eligible for medical and prescription coverage again?
    Please refer to your Collective Bargaining Agreement regarding the minimum hour requirement for each year. You must average the minimum number of hours required for Part-time coverage to qualify for medical and prescription coverage. The minimum number of hours required is based on your hire date and the benefit year in question.
  • Why does my paycheck appear to have 2 deductions for health coverage, with "AR?"
    When a participant 1st qualifies for health coverage, they obtain an 'eligibility date,' when the enrollment package is received it will provide an 'enrollment window.' Once enrolled, your weekly deduction should begin on the date you first became eligible for coverage, not on the date you enroll. Since your eligibility date and your enrollment date differ, you will see a weekly rate and an arrearage, marked with "AR" on your paycheck until the amount is satisfied based on your eligibility date.